- The packing cases must be assembled correctly (see the instructions printed on the cases).
- When packing books, place the books at the bottom of the packing case (until about 1/3 full) and then add pillows, linen, or other lightweight items on top.
- Individual items should be placed in the packing cases if this is possible and safe, and labelled on the end of the box with the room the cases are to be placed in.
- Plates, dishes, etc., should be wrapped in paper and placed at the bottom of the packing cases. Plates and dishes should be placed edgeways up in the cases.
- All plants should be placed in packing cases. It is acceptable if there are a few packing cases with plants that cannot be closed. Transport of plants takes place at your own risk.
- Items that are flammable, explosive, toxic, corrosive or the like must not be brought.
- Groceries, cleaning products, etc., which do not fall into the above categories should be packed in strong plastic bags before being placed in the packing cases.
- Unless otherwise agreed, please disassemble any items of furniture where this is necessary in order for them to be moved. Please also dismantle electrical items and take down curtains/blinds, etc.
- Washing machines should be placed in safety fittings before moving.
- There are lots of things you need to remember when you are moving house, and the new address must be notified in many different places. We have drawn up a convenient checklist to help you to keep track.
- In good time, sort old clothes and anything else that is to be disposed of or given away. Send carpets, curtains, etc., to be washed or cleaned.
- Go through the items in the loft, cellar and garage, and sort them.
- Return any borrowed items.
- Check your kitchen utensils, and pack any clothes and linen that you won’t need to use in the immediate future.
- Anything you will need immediately upon moving/arriving, such as toiletries, sheets, clothes, food, etc., should be packed separately.
- Place jewellery, credit cards, mobile phones, tablet computers, etc., and personal papers in a safe place. You may need them during the move.
- Remember to descale, clean and dry refrigerators, freezers, etc., and ensure proper transportation of frozen food.
- Remember to collect all keys to the garage, cellar, cupboards, etc. – and don’t forget the key to your new home!
- Remember to arrange the transportation of pets.
- Remember to notify your move to the national registration office, municipalities, insurance companies, banks, schools/after-school clubs/nurseries, friends and acquaintances, etc.
- Make sure you are ready when the movers arrive. Then there will be time to manage your move as well as possible.
- The packing cases should be packed in accordance with the packing instructions on this page.
- Remember to disassemble any items of furniture, where this is necessary in order for them to be moved. Please also dismantle electrical items and take down curtains/blinds, etc.
- Remember to keep the screws, fittings, etc., in a bag or a closed box, where you can easily find them at the new address.